Saturday, September 8, 2007

Light Bulbs and Gasoline

Recently we featured a special guest on our radio station’s morning show. Miss Bonnie is a clairvoyant, psychic medium, and she has guest slots on morning shows all over the country. Although I admit to being a bit of a skeptic, having heard similar features on other stations… I know that people love this stuff. If the person is good, it can be pretty entertaining and compelling radio, so we gave Miss Bonnie a spot.

The first time we had Bonnie on, I admit, it was pretty amazing. She told people things that there really wasn’t any explanation for. One woman called asking a question about her personal life—and out of the blue Bonnie said, “I need to tell you to check your vehicle. I say ‘vehicle’ because I don’t think you drive a car. But you need to have it looked at right away”. The woman on the other end of the line was quiet for a moment and then said. “I drive a truck…and the check engine light went on last night”

After we all picked up our jaws…we continued the show, and we gave Miss Bonnie a regular Friday morning slot.

A week or so later, I was at home changing light bulbs. It seemed like 4 or 5 light bulbs had burned out in my house all at once. I stood on the ladder and my daughter stood below and handed me the bulbs as I complained. “I hate changing light bulbs”. I joked that it was for stuff like this we needed a man around the house. “If your dad were still alive, he’d be changing these bulbs.” You see, my husband died a few years earlier of cancer. I often felt the sting of his absence, but never more than when I was handling something he use to do. In fact, just a day or two before that, I was asking my brother-in-law how I should dispose of old gasoline that had been sitting in a can in my garage for a few years.

The following Friday, Bonnie expressed her appreciation. She said she had received a great response from being on our station. She also told me she’d be happy to do a reading for me. I am open minded enough to believe people have gifts, but as I said, at the same time, I’m a bit of a skeptic. Plus, I am a woman of faith, and although I believe that God gives people gifts of the spirit—and prophesy is one of those gifts, I also think maybe there’s certain things He doesn't want us to know in advance. But curiosity got the best of me, and soon, I was sitting in front of Bonnie.

She told me I could ask a question or two, so I asked about my kids and about my love life. I told her nothing about myself in advance, however. After sharing some insight about my daughters—which was pretty on target by the way-she moved to my love life. She said she someone who was full of love for me... and full of light, but that he was far very away.

I was a bit uneasy. I told her my husband had died a few years ago. She said she knew right away that was him; the man one far away, full of love and light. Then she said “he wants you to know that this is him, so I am suppose to say this to you”.

She closed her eyes.

“Light bulbs”.

I was stunned. Light bulbs? Did she say light bulbs? “Does that mean anything to you?” Bonnie asked.

“Yes”, I mumbled, a little freaked out. “I know what it means”. She then said that now that we knew it is him, she was suppose to tell me something about my garage. Something about gasoline. She said he was concerned about gasoline in the garage.

Tears began to fill my eyes.

“Do you know what he’s talking about? Bonnie asked me. “Yes”, I said. “I have some old gasoline in my garage that I don't know what to do with.” "Well", Bonnie replied, “He wants you to get rid of that gasoline.”

I walked out in a blur trying to reason it all out in my head. There must be a logical explanation. She had simply guessed. Got lucky. It was a fluke. But then I thought, there’s no way that could have been a coincidence or a lucky guess. To pull those two things out of the blue? Light bulbs and gasoline?

Then, all of a sudden, I felt a sense of peace. I have always believed there is life after death. I know with confidence and faith that we’ll see the ones we love again. But now I have a that little extra assurance and comfort.

And that, I believe, was a gift from God.

Note: Miss Bonnie's link can be found on the morning show page of WQMX's website. That website link is on the right.

No comments: